Monday, February 16, 2009

Do I look like I need to be saved? Wait, don't answer that.

Warning!!: If you have ever tried to get me to go to church with you, do not read any further.




I am not setting out to piss anyone off by writing this, but I am sick to death of people trying to shove their religion down my throat. If I wanted to go to church, I would go. In my experience, most people who practice organized religion are some of the most judgemental, closed-minded people I've ever met. I, myself would rather not assimilate with something that can have that kind of brain-washing effect. I can't consciously follow any belief that shuns people due to their sexual preference or their lifestyle or how they choose to look, etc. I am a good person. I strive hard to be a good mother and I don't hurt people. I am honest and loving and forgiving. I don't think I need to congregate with a bunch of bible thumpers just to be fed a bunch of superstitious fairy tales. I don't believe there is a heaven or hell. I don't believe some man created everything around us. I am a believer in science. There is proof in science. Concrete evidence. I don't believe a 'loving god' would allow children to suffer the indignities they are born into. NO ONE 'loving' could stand to watch some of the disgusting horrible things that people have to face every day. A 'loving god' wouldn't have taken my best friend away. The one person that I could call on any time for someone to listen then make me laugh uncontrollably. And a 'loving god' wouldn't have made her go thru the tough life she had to endure and 'he' sure as hell didn't make her into the wonderful, self-sacrificing mother that she was. She worked hard at that. It was her daily goal. But I'm off subject......




If one more person says they are going to pray for me I'm going to puke. Why would someone waste their time praying for me? Am I that screwed up? Do I really cause that much havoc and trouble? Pray for starving children who have no choice but to be born to a crack-whore mother. Pray for the soldiers who are being blown up trying to protect your ass.


I confided in someone today and they made it sound like I am letting satan take over my life. And then made some 'holier than thou' comment saying something like "well, I don't need to do that because I have accepted god...blah blah blah." At first it made me feel worse. But my brother said to me, 'friends should be concerned, not critical'. My brother really has become someone I can go to for wonderful words of advice or to just ground me again. He's right up there on my list of heroes next to my dad and husband. I'm off subject again. So then one of my closest friends says to me, 'she doesn't take much credit for the evil things she has done in her life does she? Cuz the devil made her do it right? Tell her to step up to the plate and stop blaming it on fairy tales. Or the Easter bunny is gonna make her get stuck in traffic to punish her.'

All in all, I have come to the conclusion that these type of Christians that feel the need to force their religion on everyone else are the ones at fault for people trying to remove god from the mainstream. If you weren't so god damned pushy and adamant we might all feel a little less cornered and bombarded and stop looking at religion like a fucking cult. Y'all do it to yourselves. And I don't like kool-aid anyway.