Saturday, April 4, 2009

This isn't a freaking race

Why are parents so damned competitive? I don't give a flying crap when your kids starts walking or how many words they can say. No wait, I care, but don't compare them to my child when that was the original subject to begin with. I took my youngest daughter to the ER the other night and another baby that was two days younger was there and they asked it Taylor was walking yet. I said she was with help and they responded "oh wow, Gabe has been walking for a while now. He does really well at it." Whatever. I know my kids are amazing and I don't need to tell a stranger to make myself feel better. I was doing a pedicure on a woman raising her granddaughter and she was sitting there telling me her 5 month old was saying 'mama' 'dada' 'up' 'no' and numerous others as well as crawling and pulling herself up and walking along furniture. Up until this point I was going along with it and doing the stupid congrats shit to feed her ridiculous ego. UNTIL she tells me that she also took a ball point pen apart AND put it back together. I wanted to slap her. So, I just looked up and calmly asked "you sure she doesn't have autism?". It may have been rude, but I was irritated. I couldn't stand the "well MY daughter can...blah blah blah." I don't give a flying rats ass. Trust me, if rats asses could fly, I wouldn't give them. None.