Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What has four wheels and flies?

I've been recently told my blog is depressing. So, I've decided to make a fan happy and write a post with a more upbeat message. So let's see if I can do this.

Taylor is walking now! It's so freaking amazing to watch some little thing that used to be a little bump in my tummy grow into an actual developing person. Every small milestone is just awesome. Even the little ones that nobody else notices, you do. And to add amazing onto that list, Eve is starting to read small words. I was blown away already when a couple weeks ago she was actually copying words off of flash cards but then one day she sounds out the word "sock" all on her own. My kids are wicked smart!!

Cris has been out of town ALOT lately and it's been pretty easy to my own surprise. I don't know what light when on in my head or what happened, but it seems that I am finally slipping into the roll of a put-together and well mannered mother. For a while there, my own kids were irritating the hell outta me. That's terrible, I know, but it's true. I think I was just in denial about how everything fell into place after Taylor was born. Cris has even noticed a change and said it a few times. So, that's encouraging and my stress level is barely noticable. I'm so grateful. Not sure what happened, but very grateful it did.


All in all, things are pretty good. I've kinda taken on the thought 'you gotta make your own weather' type of stuff. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure I was starting to get pretty monotonous for my friends to hear nothing but complaining from whiny Amanda. Sorry guys....but ya know I'm always here to pay back the favor for all the listening and advice giving if needed.

Peace.