Friday, March 25, 2011

Mind your own

Why is the world so caught up in what everyone else is doing? I know that gossip has always been something people get sucked into, but it's turned into an epidemic. Now, it seems everyone has an opinion as to what others are doing wrong. They want to listen to the juicy update about someone's life then start preaching all about what they need to do different. Not to mention the judgment. But my favorite response is when people take it personal. When someone else's choices that have no effect on you cause you to react in anger and hate, then you have a huge problem. That's just childish and a waste of everyone's time. Who gives a shit what others are doing? I don't. I'm a firm believer that if we as a society spent more time evaluating what we ourselves were doing and what we could do to improve our own experience in life, then there wouldn't be as much 'juicy gossip' to talk about. The world would be just a little less stressful and a bit more pleasant.

I can honestly say that I don't judge others for their choices in life. As long as it doesn't fuck with me, my kids, or my family then have at it. I couldn't possibly care less. If you judge and criticize everyone around you, pretty soon they are gonna decide you aren't someone they have to confide in. I don't want to make people feel like that.

Peace.